Wednesday 4 February 2015

Coconut oil ; Does it really block pores

So I went on a research as usual searching for organic ways to care for my type 4 hair and I stumbled upon an article on Black Hair Information, I can't really remember the title but it was about 5 Ingredients or products that clog pores. The source of this article was supposedly obtained from The Journal Of American Academy of Dermatology and according to them these Products are comedogenic ( clog pores)
1. Coconut oil ( 4/5)
2. Algae extracts (5/5)
3.wheat germ oil ( 5/5)
4. Cocoa butter (4/5)
5. Salt (5/5)

I had a big problem to Coconut oil and cocoa butter, I have been using Coconut butter since my pre-teen, and my pores are not clogged, I love coconut oil  , it's one of my best oils and I make my coconut oil myself
I decided to go on more research, The truth is that Coconut oil actually clog pores, for some people not everyone and in fact Coconut oil actually helps so clear the pores of some people, . A person's susceptible to getting his pores clogged depends solely on the individuals skin type, People with large pores have their pores clogged easily than people with small pores, people with small pores may not have their pores clogged by the above mentioned comedogenic products but the same can't be said about people with large pores. Comedogens are not guaranteed to block pores but they could. If you have large pores that clog easily but still love comedogenic products, then do the following

1. Mix comedegens with a less comedogenic product
2. Exfoliate properly to remove build up and prevent clogged pore
3.cleanse with Comedogens instead using it as a moisturiser
4.For comedogenic oils they can be used to seal moisture into hair but not as a scalp massage


Here are some products and the comedogenic ratings
0- will not clog pores
1-low
2-moderately low
3- moderate
4-fairly high
5-High

Almond oil-2
Avocado oil-2
Castor oil-1
Grapeseed oil-2
Hemp seed oil-0
Olive oil-2
Mineral oil-0
Petrolatum -0
Shea Butter-0
Jojoba oil-2
Aloe Vera gel -0

I hope this article is helpful
Bye guys

No comments:

Post a Comment