Thursday 19 March 2015

WHY I CRAWLED INTO A GUTTER

Lol, I know the title sounds obscure but it really did happen, I crawled into a gutter, if you are in University of Benin you will know this gutter, it's in front of social science faculty, this is what actually happened.

My friend was feeling sick, so she begged me to follow her to the health centre, on our way there, I had to withdraw some money, after doing that ,we started walking back to the Health centre , we were walking on the paved gutter, I was trying to fit my Atm card into my wallet, when it slipped off my fingers and into the gutter it went, I, first of all let out a scream.
My friend was like what happened and I told her my Atm card fell into the gutter and that I just had to get it back (to tell you the truth, I didn't want to wait on queue again for this card, I just got it and I had to go to the bank more than four times and to different branches before I could get it) .
I told my friend, I wanted to go into the gutter and get it, and she was like go now, so I decided to go in, luckily for me there was an opening not too far, two of the slabs were broken . 

The broken slabs 

After 5 minutes of summoning the courage to go in , armed with a torch ( that I for some unknown  reason always carry around) entered the gutter, it was clean but there were so many lizards everywhere, I was even scared I would see a snake and I have a serious fear for snakes,  lo and behold the card was further than I thought, I felt claustrophobic and I wanted to come out. 




Where my Atm fell


My friend Winnie and I


My friend told me to be brave and just do it immediately, then she offered to go into the gutter with me, when she was in, I felt better, she told me to hurry and get it, that she would be here at the entrance  waiting for me, I was too tall to stand  fully so I had to semi crawl( fastest semi crawl I would ever have to do in my life) . In about 2 minutes I was got to the card picked it up and semi crawled ( 3x faster than the first one) and I got to the end with the card in my hand, geeeez my heart was pounding so so hard, my friend was at the entrance  laughing so hard at me, I started to laugh too, and when I came out the woman outside was laughing too, it was really an experience ( now I can cross crawling in a gutter off my life LOL) 
What's the point of all these, 
There is no point actually just thought it would make a really funny story LOL

Sometimes we just have to live a little have fun and do weird things, am I right or Wrong

If you were in my shoes, what would you do, please comment down below, please

Thank you and see you next post

No comments:

Post a Comment